Baby brinjals ... 10 - 12
Besan / Gram flour ... 2 cups
Baking soda ............ a pinch
Salt .................... to taste
Mint Chutney .... For stuffing.
1. Slit the baby brinjals and leave them in salt water for 1 hour.
2. Drain the water and pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
3. Stuff them with mint chutney. Make the chutney very spicy.
4. Grill the stuffed brinjals for 5-7 minutes. You can also do it in the microwave or in a pan / griddle leaving them on low flame taking care not to over-cook them. Let them cool before frying. The grilling/cooking time depends on the size of the brinjals.
5. Mix the besan with water adding salt and baking soda to a thick batter.
6. Coat the brinjals with besan and deep fry them.
Serve them hot with any sauce.