Baby brinjals ... 10 - 12
Besan / Gram flour ... 2 cups
Baking soda ............ a pinch
Salt .................... to taste
Mint Chutney .... For stuffing.
1. Slit the baby brinjals and leave them in salt water for 1 hour.
2. Drain the water and pat them dry with a kitchen towel.
3. Stuff them with mint chutney. Make the chutney very spicy.
4. Grill the stuffed brinjals for 5-7 minutes. You can also do it in the microwave or in a pan / griddle leaving them on low flame taking care not to over-cook them. Let them cool before frying. The grilling/cooking time depends on the size of the brinjals.
5. Mix the besan with water adding salt and baking soda to a thick batter.
6. Coat the brinjals with besan and deep fry them.
Serve them hot with any sauce.
This has reminded me that I really need to start cooking with gram flour more.ReplyDelete
You have many dishes with gram flour in Indian cuisine.. :)Delete
Are these like baby eggplants? We call them makdoos in Jordan and I've got loads of them. Now I know what to do with them! :)ReplyDelete
Yes Diana.. they are baby eggplants.. Do try out and let me know how they turned out.Delete