Carrots ....... 1/2 Kg
Milk ............. 2 cups
Sugar ........... 1cup
Ghee ............2 tbsp.
Cardamom Powder ... 1/2 tsp.
Almonds & Pistachios (for garnishing)
Milk powder - 3 cups
Sugar - 1 cup
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Cardamom Powder - 1/4 th tsp
Lime Juice or Vinegar
Method: (to make mawa)
1. Mix 2 cups milk powder with 1 and 1/2 cups water and make paneer (cottage cheese) using vinegar or lime juice.
2. Drain and allow it to cool.
3. In a bowl, mix lightly :
1 cup milk powder, the prepared paneer, 1 cup sugar, ghee and cardamom powder.
4. Spread it in a flat dish and microwave it for 3-4 minutes.
(Mawa is ready)
Proceed to make the halwa:
5. Now take a thick bottommed vessel and put the milk and grated carrots.
6. Cook until the milk is dry, stirring occasionally.
7. Add sugar, ghee and cardamom powder and stir it until the liquid is evaporated and the halwa starts leaving sides.
8. Now add the prepared mawa and mix well.
9.Garnish it with chopped almonds and pistacho nuts.
My all time favorite halwa. Lovely clicks.ReplyDelete
Thanks VidyaLakshmi :)Delete
Tempting yummy sweets. Love it.Visit my space when you free.ReplyDelete
Thanks Beena.. will definitely visit your page.Delete
Classic dessert.I prefer eating with icecream.ReplyDelete
True, we can enjoy it in many ways.. I had once tatsed gajar halwa ice cream too.
super tempting dessert,all time favReplyDelete
tempting dessert Shobha..nice and neat presentation too..love it!ReplyDelete
Thanks for liking it Rani :)Delete
Yumm...I have been thinking of making some this diwali... And I read the recipe here...Addition of pistachio is a fresh flavour. My family loves gajar ka halwa...ReplyDelete
Yes, this is a most popular dessert .. I think everyone loves it .Delete