Wheat Atta (whole wheat flour) - 3 cups
Oil - 4 tbsp
Onions - 1 (very very finely chopped)
Green Chillies - 4 (finely chopped)
Coriander Leaves - 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
Dried Pomegranate seeds - 1 tsp (crushed)
Caraway seeds/kummel seeds ................. 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. Take flour in a bowl. Add the entire 4 tbsp oil into the flour and mix well with fingers until the oil disappears into the flour.
2. Add the onions, green chillies, coriander leaves,caraway seeds, pomegranate seeds and salt and knead the into a hard dough using water.
3. Make about 5 big balls from the entire flour quantity.
4. Roll each ball into a 5 cm diameter thick circle of 1 cm width.
5. Heat a roti pan, and place the thick rolled out roti onto the pan. Heat for exactly 3 seconds and not more, and turn over. Heat this side also only for 3 secs, then remove onto a platform.
6. Immediately roll this half-baked roti into a large roti, double the original size.
7. Transfer onto the tawa again, and fry using 2 tsp pure ghee or butter, until it becomes well baked.
8. Remove. Repeat with the other balls.
Serve hot with yogurt sprinkled with salt n pepper and pickle.
This is a very interesting recipe, looks tasty!ReplyDelete
its my favorite breakfast. have to make it again soon.ReplyDelete
Thanks Linsy.. and it is quite filling too.. I usually have it for brunch :)Delete