Rice --- 3/4 th cup
Split green moong dal ... 1/4 cup
Salt ... to taste
Ghee or oil ... 2 tbsps
Mustard seeds - 2 tsps (for tempering)
1. Soak the rice and dal together for 1 hour.
2. If you are using a pressure cooker then take 3 cups of water.
3. Add the soaked rice and dal. Bring to a boil and remove the scum.
4. Add salt as needed and close the lid. Cook for 4-5 whistles.
5. If you cook in a pot then add more water and simmer it to cook until done.
6. Mash the khichdi with a masher.
7. Heat oil or ghee and add the mustard seeds. When they crackle, add them to the cooked khichdi.
8. Mix it and serve hot.
This looks really filling and comforting.ReplyDelete
Yes, and very light on the stomach ... thanks :)Delete
it is a comforting and filling dish especially when one is recovering from an illness.ReplyDelete
Yes .. and on normal days also it can be relished with some side dish.Delete