Fish .. 4-5 slices
Onion ... 1 (chopped very finely)
Tomato .. 1
Methi leaves .. 1 cup
Coriander leaves .. 1 cup
Green chillies .. 2-3 (add more if you like it hot)
Garlic ....... 1 pod (peeled and crushed)
Ginger .... 1 tsp (grated)
Turmeric powder ... 1/2 tsp
Coriander powder ... 1 tsp
Cumin powder ....... 1 tsp
Garam masala ....... 1 tsp
Wheat flour ....... 1 tbsp ( will be used for thickening)
Salt ..... to taste
1. Clean the fish and marinate it with salt and 1/4 tsp of turmeric.
2. Fry the fish slices and remove the bones.Break it into small pieces.
3. In a pan take oil ( use the same oil left after frying the fish) add gatlic and ginger. saute.
4. Now tip in the onion and stir fry until translucent. Add the tomato and green chillies.
5. When the tomato gets cooked add the methi and coriander leaves. Simmer for a minute.
6. Add the spice powder and stir well. Put the fish pieces into the masala.
7. Stir to mix and add the one spoon wheat flour diluted with water and simmer for a couple of minutes.
Note: The quantity of water depends on how you want to serve the fish. If you serve with rotis, keep it dry.
This goes very well with Fote Bhugi Khichni ( Sindhi Khichdi with cardamom and cumin tempering)
You ca have a little gravy if you serve with this.
I love methi in my curriesit gives it a lovely flavour.ReplyDelete
never had this kind of fish before, looks yumReplyDelete