Tuk patata are crispy and crunchy fried potatoes from the Sindhi Cuisine. They are served as an accompaniment with dal chawal / sai bhaji khichni/ pulao chanan ji dal..
Salt ..... to taste
Oil ..... to fry
Cumin powder (roasted and ground)
Red chilli powder
Garam masala (optional)
1. Peel and cut the potatoes into half inch thick circles.
2. Marinate them in salt water for at least half an hour.
3. Drain the water and deep fry them till half done. (4-5 mins.)
4. Keep them in a covered dish to make them soft.
5. Press each potato slice with the palm of your hand and deep fry them on medium flame to make them crispy. (fry them just before you serve)
6. Sprinkle all the above mentioned dry spice powders and salt ( if required ) on the hot potatoes.
That's a great of serving potatoes. I know my son would love these on their own with tomato ketchup.ReplyDelete
Yes, kids always love fried potatoes..Delete
nice crunchy snackReplyDelete
Yes Linsy.. thanks :)Delete