Mint leaves......a handful
Coriander leaves .. handful
Green chillies .. 1-2
Garlic .... 1 tsp ( crushed)
Ginger .... 1 tsp (grated)
Turmeric Powder....1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder......1 tsp
Red Chilli Powder.......1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Garam Masala powder.....1/2 tsp
Bay leaves .. 2
Cinnamon stick ... 1 piece
Oil.....2 - 3 tbsp
1. Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan. Add the bay leaves and cinnamon stick.
2. Add the garlic ginger paste and saute.
3. Now add all the ingredients except garam masala and cook on high flame till the water of the mutton dries. Also, keep mixing the mutton from time to time.
4. Now, add enough water for the gravy as per your preference, garam masala, coriander leaves and cook on low flame till the mutton is cooked.
5. Serve with rice or chapatis.
I ate a lot of mutton when I was in the Caribbean - I really enjoyed it.ReplyDelete
i had it a lot back home before marriage, mom put yogurt and mint in marinade and then cook it. this way looks yum tooReplyDelete