Carrots ....... 1/2 Kg
Milk ............. 2 cups
Sugar ........... 1cup
Ghee ............2 tbsp.
Cardamom Powder ... 1/2 tsp.
Almonds & Pistachios (for garnishing)
Milk powder - 3 cups
Sugar - 1 cup
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Cardamom Powder - 1/4 th tsp
Lime Juice or Vinegar
Method: (to make mawa)
1. Mix 2 cups milk powder with 1 and 1/2 cups water and make paneer (cottage cheese) using vinegar or lime juice.
2. Drain and allow it to cool.
3. In a bowl, mix lightly :
1 cup milk powder, the prepared paneer, 1 cup sugar, ghee and cardamom powder.
4. Spread it in a flat dish and microwave it for 3-4 minutes.
(Mawa is ready)
Proceed to make the halwa:
5. Now take a thick bottommed vessel and put the milk and grated carrots.
6. Cook until the milk is dry, stirring occasionally.
7. Add sugar, ghee and cardamom powder and stir it until the liquid is evaporated and the halwa starts leaving sides.
8. Now add the prepared mawa and mix well.
9.Garnish it with chopped almonds and pistacho nuts.