Rice .... 2 cups
Tomato .. 1
Ginger ... 1 tsp (grated)
Garlic ... 1 tbsp (crushed)
Green chillies .. 2-3 (slit)
Coriander leaves .. 1/2 cup
Methi leaves ....... 1/4 cup (or 1 tbsp dry kasoori methi )
Mint leaves ... few (optional)
Black cardamoms .... 1-2 (slit)
Cinnamon stick .. 1 inch piece
Cloves ..... 3-4
Green cardamoms .. 3-4 (slit)
Bay leaves .... 1-2
Shah jeera / caraway seeds ... 1 tsp
Salt ... to taste
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
1. Wash the rice and soak for 30 minutes.
2. In a pan heat 2-3 tbsps of oil and add the mentioned whole spices except caraway seeds (shah jeera)
3. When they give out aroma add the ginger, garlic and green chillies. Saute.
4. Now tip in the greens and the chopped tomato. Add salt, turmeric and chilli powder.
5. When the tomato is cooked, add the rice and saute for a minute.
6. Add 4 cups of water and bring to a boil.
7. Reduce the heat to medium and cook the rice until done.
8. Heat a little oil or ghee in a small pan. Spread the caraway seeds on the cooked rice and pour the hot oil over them.
9. Place the pan on a hot tawa / griddle for dum.
Note : You can also a few leaves of any greens available at home.
love this with sai bhaji, looks yumReplyDelete
Thanks for liking Linsy :)Delete
What a delicious twist on rice. Thanks for sharing!ReplyDelete