Goat brains .. 2 (or as needed)
Gram flour / besaan .... 1 cup
Baking soda .... a pinch
Salt ... as needed
Turmeric powder ... 1/4 tsp
Whole cardamoms .. 2
Cinnamon stick .. 1 small piece
Cloves .... 2-3
Saunf / aniseeds ... 1/4 tsp
Garam masala powder .... 1/4 tsp
Red chilli powder ... as needed
Cumin powder ... 1/4 tsp
Oil ... to fry
1. Clean the brains carefully by immersing them in the water and remove the top skin and veins.
2. In a pan take 2-3 cups water and boil the brains adding salt, turmeric powder, cardamoms, cinnamon, cloves and aniseeds.
3.Turn the side once and boil until done ( 4-5 minutes) Remove and set aside to cool.
4. Cut them into big pieces.( chunks). Sprinkle cumin powder, red chilli powder and garam masala on them.
5. Make batter with the besan adding salt, baking powder and water as needed.
6. Heat oil in a frying pan. Dip the pieces carefully in the batter and half-fry them.
7. Just before serving, press the pakoras lightly and re-fry them until crisp.
Serve with any chutney / sauce
i had stir fry not the pakodas, looks interestingReplyDelete
Try these too Linsy// you will love them.Delete
I am afraid this isn't a dish for me, but I applaud your creativity :)ReplyDelete