Here goes the recipe ....
Toori / ridge gourd ... 2 kgs
Green cardamoms ...... 12
Turmeric powder ..... 1/4 tsp
Salt .... to taste
Black pepper powder ... 1/4 tsp
Ghee / oil ...... 4-5 tbsps
1. Wash the tooris and peel them. Taste each toori while cutting because sometimes it is bitter and the whole sabzi will turn bitter.
2. Heat ghee or oil in a pan or a wok. Add slightly crushed cardamoms.
3. When they give out a nice aroma ( be careful not to make them black) add the tooris.
4. Allow them to cook on high flame and you will see a lot of water from the tooris.
5. When they are half done add salt and a little turmeric. Be careful in adding salt as this sabzi has a mild and sweetish taste. If there is excess salt you will not enjoy.
6. Continue cooking until the water is completely dried up stirring ocasionally.
7. Sprinkle freshly crushed black pepper before serving.
This is usually served with rotis / puris
My favourite sabzi.. Looks so yumReplyDelete
Love Toriyaan,,,,prepared a little different way ShobhajiReplyDelete
i make spicy toriya, and enjoyed with khichdi.ReplyDelete