This is one of the popular snack made in Sindhi homes.. It is a baked dish made with cooked keema, macaroni and spices... a healthy and delicious snack.
Mutton mince ........ 500 gms.
Eggs .................... 6-7
Macaroni ............. 1 cup (boiled)
Onions .................. 3-4 (sliced)
Ginger paste ........ 1 tsp.
Garlic paste ......... 1 tbsp.
Green chillies ....... 2-3 (chopped)
Tomato puree ...... 2 tbsp.
Turmeric powder .... 1/4 tsp.
Coriander powder .. 1 & 1/2 tbsp.
Cumin powder ... 1 & 1/2 tbsp.
Garam masala .... 2 tbsp.
Red chilli powder ... 1tsp.
Salt ............ to taste
1. Heat oil in a pan and fry the onions till golden brown.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Saute and add the mince.
3. Add the masalas, tomato puree and salt.(Save little masala powders to sprinkle on top)
4. Saute the keema adding a little water and simmer it to cook until done. It has to be dry. Let it cool.
5. Meanwhile boil the macaronis with a little salt, drain and set aside.
6. Beat all the eggs in a bowl with a little salt.
7. In a big bowl mix the keema, macaroni and beaten egg mixture (Save a little to pour on top)
8. Mix the remaining portion of the dry masalas and check the salt.
9. Grease a baking tray and pour the mix into it. Spread the remaining egg on it and sprinkle a little garam masala and red chilli powder.
Garnish with coriander leaves.
10. Bake in a pre-heated oven for 18-20 minutes until done.(The baking time varies according to the type and size of the oven)
11. Let it cool and cut into pieces.
Serve with mint chutney and sauce.
I love one pot bakes and this sounds great, I guess it could be made with soya for vegetarians??ReplyDelete
Yes Nayna, it can be made with soya granules.. will look the same.Delete
love it, try it with soya.ReplyDelete
Thanks Linsy.. give me the feed back when you make .:)Delete
What can you to substitute eggsReplyDelete
Eggs are needed for binding .. I guess there is no substituteDelete
I've tried it but it doesn't come out clean from the greased tray, is it because I used smaller eggs?ReplyDelete
Maybe you are using less eggs. Add more and grease the tray wellDelete