Cardamom flavoured khichni cooked with rice and split moong dal (green moong dal )
Rice ..... 1 cup
Green moong dal (split) ... handful (or little more)
Green Cardamoms..... 3 - 4 ( split)
Cumin seeds .... 1/2 tsp
Pepper corns ..... 5-6
Ghee (clarified butter) ... 2 tbsp
Salt ...... to taste.
1. Wash the rice and dal together. Soak for at least half an hour.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and add the cardamom, cumin and pepper corns. Do not wait until they crackle. Add the rice and salt and stir fry for a minute.
3. Add double quantity of water ( if rice + dal are one and quarter cups, add two and half cups water)
4. Boil and then simmer until the rice is cooked. You will like the aroma of this rice dish when it is cooking.
5. This goes well with: SAI BHAJI (click to see the recipe)
Fote Bhugi Khichni Video
love this khichdi. Its yummy, light on the stomach and healthy.ReplyDelete
love this shahi khichdi with cardamom in itReplyDelete
Thank you Linsy :)Delete