Potato sheera is made usually on fasting days. It is very easy to make and really very delicious.
Potatoes ... 2 large
Sugar ...... 1/2 cup (adjust as per your preference)
Green cardamoms ... 3-4
Saffron .. as needed
Ghee .... 2 tbsps
Pistachios / almonds .. few for garnishing.
1. Boil the potatoes. Peel and cut them into small pieces.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and add the lightly crushed cardamoms.
3. When they give out aroma, add the potatoes and saute for few minutes.
4. Add a pinch of saffron and sugar.
5. Keep stirring until the sugar is absorbed and the sheera starts to leave the sides.
Garnish with saffron strands and chopped nuts.
Wow I've never heard of this but it sounds so interesting! I've never heard of using potatoes in a sweet dish like this but I bet it's yummy.ReplyDelete
Yes, it is yummy.. do try it out sometimeDelete
My mum used to have this when fasting,I have not made it for a long time,you have just brought back memories with it.ReplyDelete
I learnt from my mom too :)Delete