Moong dal with garlic flavour tastes so delicious.,Specially in winters we get fresh green garlic and we add the leaves too. They make it more tastier.
Moong dal / yellow dal .... 1 cup
Green chillies .... 1-2
Coriander leaves .. handful
Garlic ..... 3-4 pieces crushed & 3-4 pieces chopped finely.
(If using fresh green garlic use along with the leaves and reduce the quantity of coriander leaves)
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Salt .... to taste
Oil ... 2-3 tbsps
1. Wash and soak dal for one hour.
2. In a pan boil it adding salt and turmeric powder.
3. When it is half done add the finely chopped green chillies, coriander and a little crushed garlic.If you have fresh garlic add the chopped leaves at this stage.
4. Mash it well when it is done. Add water as per your preference. I like a thicker consistency.
5. Heat oil in a small pan and fry the finely chopped garlic to a light brown colour. Add the tempering to dal.
Serve with Sindhi Khichni and fried papads and kachris.