Moong dal with garlic flavour tastes so delicious.,Specially in winters we get fresh green garlic and we add the leaves too. They make it more tastier.
Moong dal / yellow dal .... 1 cup
Green chillies .... 1-2
Coriander leaves .. handful
Garlic ..... 3-4 pieces crushed & 3-4 pieces chopped finely.
(If using fresh green garlic use along with the leaves and reduce the quantity of coriander leaves)
Turmeric powder .. 1/4 tsp
Salt .... to taste
Oil ... 2-3 tbsps
1. Wash and soak dal for one hour.
2. In a pan boil it adding salt and turmeric powder.
3. When it is half done add the finely chopped green chillies, coriander and a little crushed garlic.If you have fresh garlic add the chopped leaves at this stage.
4. Mash it well when it is done. Add water as per your preference. I like a thicker consistency.
5. Heat oil in a small pan and fry the finely chopped garlic to a light brown colour. Add the tempering to dal.
Serve with Sindhi Khichni and fried papads and kachris.
A healthy side dish!!ReplyDelete
I have a friend who makes something similar to this and it's delicious! Wish I had some right now!ReplyDelete
Thank you for liking Jessica.. you are most welcomeDelete
Love dals with garlic tadka.. comforting and healthy dal for rice and roti.ReplyDelete
Any kind of dal is good for me too..Delete
This looks like a tasty and interesting recipe for the coming cold weather.ReplyDelete
Thanks for liking Heidi.. yes this is perfect for cold weather.Serve it piping hot with rice.Delete
I also like this dal with chappati.ReplyDelete
Yes we can make it a bit thicker with chapatiDelete