Urad dal .... 1 cup (soak for few hours )
Yogurt ...... 2 cups or more if needed
Raisins ..... handful
Baking powder ... 1/8 tsp
Salt ......... to taste
Sugar .... little to add in the yogurt.
Oil ..... to fry
Roasted and ground cumin powder and red chilli powder (for garnishing)
Sweet Date and tamarind chutney (for garnishing)
1. Wash and soak the urad dal for a few hours.
2. Grind to a thick batter adding very little water.
3. Mix the raisins, salt and baking powder to the batter just before frying.( the salt leaves water and it will make the batter watery)
4. Heat oil in a kadai / frying pan and fry the vadas.
5. Drop them into water for soaking.
6. Churn the yogurt adding salt to taste and sugar to balance it.
7. Squeeze out the water carefully with light hands and put them into yogurt and let them soak again.
8. When you are ready to serve add some more churned yogurt if needed. Garnish with cumin and chilli powders and sweet chutney.
I love dahi wadas , your recipe looks delicious nad easy to follow.ReplyDelete
Looks like a really simple recipe. I love yoghurt.ReplyDelete
Yes, very simple and cool for summer.Delete
that is really attractive. I must try making one.ReplyDelete
I don't think I have never tried anything like this before - sounds delicious!ReplyDelete
Must try it Donna :)Delete
I love any kind of Indian vada, and this looks easy so tasty!ReplyDelete
Thanks for dropping by Razena.. same hhere.Delete